Top 3 San Diego StayCations
Oh, yes. Spring is here and Summer is just around the corner. If you’re like me, you always like to have a trip planned and something to look forward to. My son is 2 now, and is much easier to travel with, but in the first 2 years we preferred to stay closer to home and do a couple of fun local staycations rather than deal with flights, rental cars etc. San Diego is the perfect place for that! Here are just 3 of my top choices for families.
This is the ultimate stay-cation. Coronado is breathtaking and this resort is nothing short of dreamy. We have stayed at the beach villages a couple of times, and it is my favorite stay-cation of all time. We have made some of the most special family memories here. Here are some of the main reasons I love it and also some insider tips:
1. Perfect for families and also couples looking for a romantic getaway.
2. Tons to do at the resort
3. Pools with cabana rentals
4. Gorgeous beach & luxe beach rentals
5. Kidtopia Kids Club (for ages 4-12)
6. Spa at The Del
7. Super cute boutiques at the resort, and also tons nearby and within walking distance
8. Ice cream parlor & candy store (nom nom)
9. Yoga and Spin classes...on the beach!
10. Lots of amazing restaurant choices nearby, incase you want to change it up ;)
11. Complimentary breakfast at the Windsor Cottage every morning, overlooking the beautiful Coronado Beach.
Trust me you won’t want to leave. It gets booked up during holidays and summer, so I would recommend booking months in advance.
Ok , this place is our go-to for any ol’ occasion because it’s super convenient, affordable, and the kids absolutely love it here (my daughter constantly begs to go back). Here are a few of the reasons why we love it so much…
1. The kids pool and waterpark ,with a slide, are amazing!! Get a cabana...order drinks, lunch, and let your kids have the time of their lives while you relax. (They also have kid activities & crafts during the day).
2. Dinner options are good...you can even grab a pizza and let the kids run around the property. After dinner, grab an ice cream or roast s’mores!
3. Kids club- drop the kids off and have a nice dinner at Bob’s Steak & Chop House.
4. Their Spa is my personal fave in north county...its beautiful, treatments are epic, private pool and cafe for spa guests are special! (Try the chicken salad!) Overall this is a beautiful resort that you and your kids will both enjoy.
Paradise Point is located on Mission Bay. It is a very casual and laid back resort. Great for kids and parents alike.
1. There are a couple restaurant options on the property including the Barefoot Bar that has live music but is also kid friendly! (lagoon at the bar has large game fish from the local pacific)
2. Multiple pool options!
3. I would recommend getting a Bay Front room, so you can have a bonfire and roast s’mores with the kiddos every night. (Bring firewood if you can)
4. We rented a Duffy for a few hours and had an absolute blast! This Resort is totally affordable, and loved by many San Diegans.
Enjoy your Staycation!